You may terminate our post paid or prepaid wireless cellular or data service for any reason within 15 days of purchase (except for Online Store purchases -- please see below for more details.) without incurring an early termination fee or other penalty, if applicable, provided that you fully comply with the terms of this policy and any other instructions provided or accessible to you as may be modified by us from time to time.
- This policy may not apply to certain products or services.
- You will remain responsible for all applicable service fees plus any activation charges, taxes or other charges that accrued to your account through the date of service deactivation ("Service Charges").
- To receive a refund of the original purchase price (but not the Service Charges) of our phones, accessories or data equipment ("Equipment") you must also fully comply with the terms of this policy and any other instructions provided or accessible to you as may be modified by us from time to time.
- Final return acceptance or rejection will be determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for the processing of a credit to your SouthernLINC Wireless account or for the processing of a refund.
- Any payments made by you to us through your credit card may be refunded to your credit card account number used for the original purchase.
- Any payments made by you to us through check, debit card or cash may be refunded via check made payable to you, the original purchaser/customer. Cash refunds are only permissible for same day transactions. Debit cards cannot be refunded with cash nor credit back to the debit card.
- Shipping charges are not refundable and are not included in the refund amount unless we sent you an incorrect item due to our sole mistake.
- Subject to Outstanding Amounts section below.
If any outstanding and/or past due amounts exist on your account, we will issue you a credit against all outstanding and/or past due amounts first, with the remaining portion, if any, refunded either via check or credited to your credit card account number used for the original purchase. No refunds will be issued until all outstanding and/or past due amounts have been paid in full and your account is otherwise fully satisfied.
Equipment Criteria for Returns
- A return of equipment must be within 15 days of purchase to the original place of purchase (except for Online Store purchases – see Online Store section below)
- All return of equipment must be accompanied by the original invoice.
- Equipment must be in like-new condition (for example, undamaged, no dents, no scratches, no scuffs, no bent antennas, and/or no missing parts, and in good working condition as determined by us in our sole discretion).
- Equipment must not show any defect or damage that may include, without limitation, any signs of being dropped or any kind of physical abuse, neglect, misuse, wear and tear, or any other damage.
- Equipment must be accompanied by all the original accessories that came with the product.
- Equipment must have its original packaging with UPC codes, package inserts, manuals, and books in like-new condition (for example, no handwritten or highlight marks, no ripped pages, no earmarked pages, no stains, and/or undamaged as determined by us in our sole discretion)
- Equipment must have less than 30 minutes of airtime usage.
- Any Equipment not meeting the above criteria is classified as "Used Equipment" and is not eligible for return to us.
- A restocking fee of $35 may apply to any return or exchange of a wireless device.
- The customer is responsible for removing any personal or proprietary information before returning the equipment.
Equipment Return Location
The required return location is determined by the original place of purchase. See details below:
- If you purchased your Equipment from a SouthernLINC Wireless company store, you must return such Equipment to the original place of purchase. If the company store is no longer in operation (permanently closed), contact Customer Support at 1-800-406-0151, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you purchased your Equipment from a SouthernLINC Wireless Authorized Dealer, you must return such Equipment to the original place of purchase. If the dealer is no longer in business (permanently closed), contact Customer Support at 1-800-406-0151, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you purchased your Equipment from the SouthernLINC Wireless Online Store, please follow the directions below "Procedure for Online Store Returns" section.
- If SouthernLINC Wireless must remove installed Equipment from a vehicle or a fixed location in order to return it, you will be charged a service fee.
Procedure for Online Store Returns/Exchanges/Upgrades
To initiate returns or exchanges of Equipment purchased or upgraded on our Online Store, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-406-0151, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Customer Service Representative will ask you for the necessary information to process your Return Material Authorization ("RMA").
- Phones should be activated within 30 days of purchase. Once activated, the 15 day return policy applies. Phones not activated within 30 days are not eligible for return.
- The following information is needed when you call Customer Support about the return or exchange: Master Account Number, Reason for Return, Original Sales Order Number or Online Store Number, and your contact information.
- To receive the full purchase price of the Equipment, you must return the Equipment, at your expense, by a shipping method with tracking capabilities to the return address provided through Customer Support as well as completely satisfy the terms of this policy or any other instructions provided or accessible to you.
- All Online store returns must be accompanied by the original packing slip.
- You have 15 days from the date the RMA number is created to return the Equipment to SouthernLINC Wireless. If your return is not received by us within such 15 day period, then we may cancel the RMA.
Equipement Exchange Procedure for Other Points of Purchase
- If you are returning Equipment to request an exchange of it, you have 15 days from the original invoice date to make such request at the original place of purchase. (except for Online Store purchases – please see above for more details). If the original point of purchase is no longer in operation (permanently closed), contact Customer Support at 1-800-406-0151, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You will be charged the full then-current price of the exchange selection.
- Once the original Equipment is returned and you have fully complied with the terms of this policy and any instructions provided or accessible to you, then we may accept your returned Equipment and issue a refund.
You may return upgraded equipment for any reason within 15 days of the date of your purchase of such equipment (except for Online Store purchases – please see above for more details).
- Provided that you fully comply with terms of this policy and any instructions provided or accessible to you; and
- We accept your returned Equipment
- Equipment upgrade returns may not waive any early termination fees.
Replacement of Used Equipment
- If you have purchased used Equipment from us and such used Equipment proves to be defective due to manufacturing defect(s) within the 15 days of your purchase, then we will replace such defective used Equipment with a comparable used piece of equipment free of charge.
- Used equipment is not eligible for a refund.
- Your Equipment may be subject to certain manufacturer's warranties or an extended service warranty that you separately purchased.
- Please review the documentation accompanying your Equipment to determine the existence and scope of manufacturer's warranties or extended service warranties.
- This policy does not limit any applicable manufacturer's warranties or extended service warranties.
Terms Used in These Policies
We use the words "we", "us", "our" or "SouthernLINC Wireless" to refer to Southern Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a SouthernLINC Wireless and the words "you", "your" and the "Customer" to refer to you, the Customer. You remain responsible for all terms and conditions of your signed Customer Agreement and any amendments thereto.