iDEN Return Policy
You may return or exchange new or refurbished phones, accessories or data equipment ("Equipment") purchased from Southern Linc within 15 days of purchase (or as otherwise provided below for Online Store purchases), as set forth in this policy. Purchases from Southern Linc Authorized Dealer stores are subject to each Dealer’s independent refund policy. A restocking fee of $35 may apply. You may terminate service for any reason within 15 days of activation (or as otherwise provided below for Online Store purchases) as set forth under "Service Cancellation" below without incurring an early termination fee, if applicable. In order to qualify for a refund, you must fully comply with the terms of this policy and any other instructions provided or accessible to you as may be modified by us from time to time.
- This policy may not apply to all products or services.
- You will remain responsible for all applicable usage and service fees plus any activation charges, taxes or other charges that accrued to your account through the date of service deactivation ("Service Charges").
- To be eligible for a refund, returned Equipment must meet the criteria set forth below under "Equipment Criteria for Exchanges and Returns." At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you a fee for a missing item, or for items that we determine are damaged or require service. Final Equipment return acceptance or rejection will be determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for the processing of a credit to your Southern Linc account or for the processing of a refund.
Equipment Criteria for Returns and Exchanges
You may return or exchange new or refurbished (includes refreshed and used) Equipment purchased from Southern Linc or a Southern Linc Authorized Dealer meeting the criteria below within 15 days of purchase to the original place of purchase.
- Retail Store: If you purchased your Equipment from a Southern Linc Authorized Dealer or company store, you must return such Equipment to the original place of purchase. Purchases from Southern Linc Authorized Dealer stores are subject to each Dealer’s independent refund policy. If the store is permanently closed, contact the Customer Solution Center at 1-800-818-LINC (5462) between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central (8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern), Monday through Friday.
- Online Store: If you purchased your Equipment from the Southern Linc Online Store, please follow the directions below in the "Procedure for Online Store Returns/Exchanges" section.
To be eligible for a return or exchange, Equipment must meet the following criteria:
- All returns or exchanges of Equipment must be accompanied by the original invoice.
- Equipment must be in like-new condition (for example, undamaged, no dents, no scratches, no scuffs, no bent antennas, and/or no missing parts, and in good working condition as determined by us in our sole discretion).
- Equipment must not show any damage that may include, without limitation, any signs of being dropped or any kind of physical abuse, neglect, misuse, wear and tear, water damage, or any other damage.
- Equipment must be accompanied by all the original accessories that came with the product.
- Equipment must have its original packaging with UPC codes, package inserts, manuals, and books in like-new condition (for example, no handwritten or highlight marks, no ripped pages, no earmarked pages, no stains, and/or undamaged as determined by us in our sole discretion).
- Any Equipment that is an accessory (including but not limited to Bluetooth accessories) must be returned, unopened in its original packaging for a refund or exchange.
- New (not refurbished) Equipment must have less than 30 minutes of airtime usage.
Any Equipment not meeting the above criteria may be classified as "used" Equipment and is not eligible for return to us except as provided below under "Replacement of Used Equipment".
A restocking fee of $35 may apply to any return of phones or data equipment. If Southern Linc must remove installed Equipment from a vehicle or fixed location in order to return it, you will be charged a service fee. The customer is responsible for removing any personal or proprietary information before returning the Equipment. An Equipment return does not automatically terminate service, which is provided under "Service Cancellation" below.
Equipment Exchange Procedure
- To exchange new or refurbished Equipment, you have 15 days from the original invoice date to return the Equipment for an exchange at the original place of purchase. For Online Store purchases, see "Procedure for Online Store Returns/Exchanges" below.
- Your return must meet the requirements above in "Equipment Criteria for Exchanges and Returns", and a restocking fee of $35 may apply.
- You will be charged the full then-current price of the exchange selection.
- Once the original Equipment is returned and you have fully complied with the terms of this policy and any instructions provided or accessible to you, then we may accept your returned Equipment and issue a refund.
Procedure for Online Store Returns/Exchanges
To initiate returns or exchanges of Equipment purchased or upgraded on our Online Store, please contact the Customer Solution Center at 1-800-818-LINC (5462) between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central (8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern), Monday through Friday. The Customer Service Representative will ask you for the necessary information to process your Return Material Authorization ("RMA"). The following information is needed when you call the Customer Solution Center about the return or exchange: Master Account Number, reason for return, Online Store order number (example: OS-12345-6789), and your contact information. Online Store returns and exchanges must be in accordance with the following:
- Phones must be activated within 30 days of purchase. Once activated, the 15-day return policy applies. Unopened, unactivated phones can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase without a restocking fee. If you do not activate or return your phone as provided above, your phone will not be eligible for return or exchange and may be subject to being billed for the full retail price as provided in your Customer Agreement.
- Other than phones, Equipment may be returned or exchanged within 15 days after receipt, subject to this policy. Date of receipt is the date our shipping carrier indicates the shipment was delivered.
- All Online Store returns or exchanges must be accompanied by the original packing slip and must comply with "Equipment Criteria for Returns and Exchanges" above.
- To receive a refund, you must return the Equipment, at your expense, by a shipping method with tracking capabilities to the return address provided through the Customer Solution Center as well as completely satisfy the terms of this policy or any other instructions provided or accessible to you.
- You have 15 days from the date the RMA number is created to return the Equipment to Southern Linc. If your return is not received by us within such 15-day period, then we may cancel the RMA and not issue a refund.
- Any payments made by you to Southern Linc through your credit or debit card may be refunded to your card account number used for the original purchase.
- Any payments made by you to Southern Linc through check or money order may be refunded via check made payable to you, the original purchaser/customer. If a refund to a payment card is not able to be processed, we may make the refund via check.
- Shipping charges are not refundable and are not included in the refund amount unless we sent you an incorrect item due to our sole mistake.
- Refunds will not be processed until after receipt, inspection, and acceptance of returned Equipment (for meeting Equipment Criteria above) and are subject to the "Outstanding Amounts" section below.
- If your return or exchange is subject to a restocking fee, the fee may be deducted from your refund payment.
- If you return Equipment without a UPC on the box, your refund amount may be reduced by the amount of any mail-in rebate that was available for the Equipment at the time of purchase.
- This "Refund Payments" section applies to purchases directly from Southern Linc. Purchases from Southern Linc Authorized Dealer stores are subject to each Dealer’s independent refund policy.
If any outstanding and/or past due amounts exist on your account, we will issue you a credit against all outstanding and/or past due amounts first, with the remaining portion, if any, refunded either via check or credited to your credit card account number used for the original purchase. No refunds will be issued until all outstanding and/or past due amounts have been paid in full and your account is otherwise fully satisfied.
Replacement of Used Equipment
- If you purchased used Equipment directly from Southern Linc and such used Equipment proves to be defective due to manufacturing defect(s) within the 15 days of your purchase, then we will replace such defective used Equipment with a comparable used or refurbished piece of equipment without a restocking fee or shipping charge. To initiate a replacement, you must return the defective used Equipment to the original place of purchase within 15 days of your purchase. Returned used Equipment must meet the "Equipment Criteria for Returns and Exchanges" above, except ordinary wear and tear is permissible for used Equipment.
- Except as provided herein, used equipment is not eligible for a refund or exchange.
- This "Replacement of Used Equipment" section applies to purchases directly from Southern Linc. Purchases of used equipment from Southern Linc Authorized Dealer stores are subject to the Dealer’s independent return policy for used equipment.
- If you want to terminate service for any reason, you must terminate within 15 days after activation (subject to Online Store activation requirements). You can either terminate your service (i) in person at the Dealer or company store where you activated service or (ii) by contacting the Customer Solution Center at 1-800--818-LINC (5462) between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central (8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern), Monday through Friday. If instructed during the termination process, you may be required to submit a written request for termination to us.
- If you cancel service after the 15-day period but prior to expiration of your minimum term, an early termination fee may apply.
- Cancelling your service does not automatically initiate an Equipment return, which must be specifically requested.
- Your Equipment may be subject to product warranties or an extended service warranty that you separately purchased.
- Please review the documentation accompanying your Equipment to determine the existence and scope of product warranties or extended service warranties.
- This policy does not limit any applicable product warranties or extended service warranties.
- For Equipment warranty information, click here.
Terms Used in This Policy
We use the words "we", "us", "our" or "Southern Linc" to refer to Southern Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Southern Linc and the words "you", "your" and the "Customer" to refer to you, the Customer. You remain responsible for all terms and conditions of your signed Customer Agreement and any amendments thereto.